Our Ministry for Military and Veteran Families started in 2013. This ministry aims to address the various emotional, spiritual and pastoral needs of those men and women who have defended our country in all branches of military service.
Wellness enhancement is vitally important to all our military members and families, even those not facing critical life issues. All veterans return home impacted in some way.
Some of the goals of the ministry are:
- Increase awareness of the need for outreach to military and veteran families
- Work with the diocese and other parishes to desseminate information and network
- Share Christian hope with those on the margins or disconected from their faith communities
- Develop referral capabilities to other militay, Guard and Reserve, veteran, community and faith - based communities
- Partner with local agencies and develop outreach mininistriesSponsor Retreats and Recollection Days for Military individuals and families